Should I buy my new SEAT Ateca through a broker who can negotiate a discount?

After having diesels for over thirty years, I'm now due for a new car which will be a petrol. My annual mileage is 10,000 and I think the Seat Ateca should fulfil our needs and we will go for the 1.4 Xcellence. If I chose the DSG version, would the latest wet clutch models be more reliable than previously? Is it a good idea to buy through agents who will ensure a discounted price and, if so, who would you advise?

Asked on 17 March 2017 by Glyn ajames

Not sure that the 1.4 TSI 150 is coming through with a DSG at all yet. If it's delayed then the reason will be that it must be getting the new wet clutch box. Was driving the latest Audi RS3 400PS with 7-speed wet clutch s-tronic (DSG) today, about 250 kilometres in Oman, and it's very good. But that is the high torque wet clutch DSG. Have yet to drive the low torque version. No reason not to buy via a broker that puts your order through a franchised dealer. That gives you the same rights as if you'd negotiated the discount yourself.