Daily savings: Nextbase dash cams under £100; Garmin Sat Navs for under £80 | No thanks

Should I replace my beloved diesel Audi A7 with a petrol version to avoid plummeting resale value?

Four years ago you suggested looking at an Audi A7 BiTDI. I've loved the car and managed to find a 15 month old SE with tech pack, comfortable seats, rear a/c, etc. It's now done 36,000 miles (25,000 with us) and we're making a family decision whether the value will start to plummet given the backlash against diesel. Is it time to move to petrol? A lot of my journeys are increasingly less than ten miles, which obviously suggest petrol, but as you noted the engine design of the A7 means it has never had the DPF problems other diesels suffer. The car has a full dealer service history and is in excellent condition, though it will need set of tyres in the next six months. I'v had various online quotes around £21,000, with Webuyanycar offering £21,700 before they inspect her. So, once again, your advice is very welcome.

You're in the happy situation of having an exceptional car for which there is strong used demand now, but might not be in the future. Your problem is your likely disappointment with a petrol engined replacement. It makes sense to get out of the Audi now, but tearing yourself away might be difficult.