I want an automatic hybrid to replace my Toyota RAV4, do you suggest the Toyota CH-R or the Lexus NX?

I currently have a 2014 Toyota RAV4 2.2d automatic (34,000 miles) to trade-in. My lady loves it but I find it slightly underpowered and thirsty. I did test drive the RAV4 Hybrid and found it had a tad more punch. I am keen on an auto hybrid and do about 10,000 miles per year. Should I go for the RAV4 hybrid or would you recommend a different car like the Toyota C-HR or the Lexus NX? I note that the CVT gearbox is in both. Would you go for a PCP?

Asked on 31 January 2017 by Gary Bernard

Up to you about the PCP. Depends on the deal. The RAV4 is the same to drive as an NX hybrid. Same drivetrain. The C-HR is much smaller and drives, rides and handles ten times better than the more expensive NX: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-c-hr.../ It's in a different league.