Can you recommend a family estate for under £15k?

We need to get a replacement for our 2006 Toyota Verso. We have a £15k budget and are looking for either an SUV or estate that will be cheap to tax, have lots of load lugging capability and be great on fuel. My wife favours the Volvo XC60 but the version within our budget is high on tax. My choices are the BMW 3 or 5 Series, Audi A4 or A6, but leaning towards the BMW. What do you recommend?

Asked on 1 December 2016 by Les

Yes, you'll get a 2012 or later F31 320d Touring within budget: www.honestjohn.co.uk/used-prices/BMW/3-Series/2012.../ These are the potential problem areas: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/bmw/3-series-f30-201...r less likely to suffer N47 timing chain trouble than the previous E91.