Which small 4x4 is best?

I'm looking at replacing my current car with a small petrol 4x4. I do about 7000 miles a year and want a car that will allow me to do lots of outdoor activities, all year round. I intend to keep the vehicle a minimum five years.

I'm currently looking at the Fiat Panda 4x4 or the Suzuki Swift 4x4. Which would you recommend, and would it be worth holding off for the new Swift or Suzuki Ignis?

Asked on 6 July 2016 by Kevsta

I really like the Panda 4x4 Cross with the TwinAir engine: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/fiat/fiat-panda-cr.../ New Swift on the way, but still many months away. Obviously a Swift 4x4 handles a bit better on the road, but considerably worse off it.