Can you recommend a small 4x4 vehicle for use in snow?

My wife and I have recently moved house and need to consider whether or not to exchange our MX-5 for a small 4x4. We now live on an unadopted road and will be well within the snow line if future winters are as severe as the last two. We are in our 60's and are both retired. Which small 4x4 would you recommend?

It doesn't need to be 4WD as long as it is at least fitted with ‘all-weather’ tyres. You could go for a Fiat Panda 4x4, or a Fiat Panda Trekking with 'Traction Plus', a Peugeot 2008 with 'Grip Control' or a Fiat 500L Trekking with 'Traction Plus'. Also consider the Suzuki Swift 4x4 or SX4 S-Cross.