Buying a petrol automatic crossover

I am looking to buy a new car in the next 6-12 months. Ideally, I’d like a petrol automatic crossover, as I do not do the mileage each year for diesel. I have narrowed it down to the Ford Kuga or the Nissan Qashqai – what do you think is the best option?

I would be waiting for the 1.6 dig-t automatic to be released for a Qashqai though believe this may well be late 2015

Asked on 16 November 2014 by phoney

As you say, the Qashqai 1.6DIG-T auto is yet to be released and seem to have been delayed for a year. I think the Kuga 1.6EcoBoost auto is 6 speed torque converter, like the Tourneo Connect. That combination works okay in the Tourneo so should be pretty much the same in the Kuga, but is hardly a recipe for economy.