What vehicle offers ease of access that I could replace my Ford Fusion with?

I drive a 1600cc petrol Ford Fusion auto, registered 2006. I originally purchased the car as I am tall and at the time had two elderly and disabled parents who need the ease of access. My needs have now changed and I would like a smaller hatchback. However I am now a voluntary driver for a local club for older people. So I still need the easy access. A Fiat Panda has been advised, but as I intend to keep the car for some years I would like to be sure of my purchase and feel that there could be a number of options. I could afford up to £20,000. My main driving is local with occasional motorway trips. What do you advise?

Something upright with four side doors that provide ease of access to all seats. Small: Suzuki Splash, Vauxhall Agila. Bigger: Hyundai ix20, KIA Venga, Ford B-Max, Renault Captur, Peugeot 2008.