Can you recommend an upmarket, used hybrid SUV?

My company car (Range Rover Evoque) goes back in May and I have to purchase my first vehicle in 14 years. My budget is £23k. I would love to purchase another Evoque but worry about reliability and repair costs once out of warranty. I would like a 2-year-old, similar-sized vehicle that's automatic with sat nav, cameras, leather interior and some warranty. We expect to keep this vehicle for at least 5 years. I would estimate 8000 miles a year and am thinking that a hybrid would be a good choice. The other half has vetoed the Suzuki Vitara. What would you advise? Thanks.

Asked on 28 April 2021 by Pete

For your mileage, we'd recommend a petrol or hybrid (full hybrid – not a mild hybrid like the Sportage). As you're used to a premium SUV, have you considered a Lexus UX? It's an impressive hybrid SUV. You'll be looking at a slightly older example within budget but it ticks all the boxes and, being a Lexus, will be extremely reliable. Alternatively, look at mainstream alternatives like a petrol Skoda Karoq or Volkswagen Tiguan. Both represent excellent value for money and make a sensible used purchase. If you're concerned about out-of-warranty costs, consider buying an aftermarket warranty.