I'd like something that's fun to drive, good looking and reliable. Any suggestions?

My 2018 Land Rover Discovery Sport will be 3 years old in July, with about 20k miles on the clock. I usually change my car every 3 years when they go out of warranty. Generally, I've been happy with it apart from a couple of minor issues, but I've been very disappointed with the dealer service. My budget is up to £40K and I would prefer a high-riding, comfortable car with good rear load space for my band gear. I would like something with a decent warranty that's fun to drive, good looking and reliable. Any suggestions?

Asked on 21 January 2021 by Nick Pacey

How about a Volvo XC60? It's a really comfortable alternative to the Discovery Sport. Consider a pre-registered model to make your money go further. A BMW X3 is another strong option, especially as you're after something that's fun to drive. If you're looking at mainstream brands, too, we'd recommend a Volkswagen Tiguan or Skoda Kodiaq. Both are very practical.