What's the best electric or hybrid car for a long daily commute?

What's the best electric or hybrid car for a 150-mile daily run? The main purpose is to reduce the monthly cost on fuel and balance that with the price of the car (either new/nearly new). Thanks.

Asked on 22 October 2020 by RG

The new Volkswagen ID.3 could be a good option. The popular mid-range model can officially cover 260 miles between charges, so 150 miles should be fairly doable even in the middle of winter. However, if most of those miles are at motorway speeds (where an EV's battery can deplete quite quickly), you might find a hybrid a better option. We'd recommend the Toyota Corolla or Hyundai Ioniq.