I'm looking to trade in my car when the scrappage scheme is announced. What electric hatchback do you recommend?

I currently have a 2004 Citroen C4 - which I'll part exchange when the new scrappage scheme is announced. I'm looking for a similar-sized car, automatic, and either petrol, PHEV or electric, depending on the the scrappage scheme details. What cars would you recommend in each of the three categories? Kind regards.

Asked on 11 June 2020 by Peter T

How about a Hyundai Ioniq? It's a really good hatchback that's available with hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric power - so you can decide which suits you best. If you fancy a hybrid (which is a good introduction to 'alternative' power), we'd also suggest looking at the Toyota Corolla. If you'd like an electric car, the upcoming Volkswagen ID.3 could be a good option.

You could save £3000 on an Ioniq with Hyundai's scrappage scheme. Details here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/car-market-1/2020-06/you...i

Or £2000 on the Toyota Corolla: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/car-market-1/2020-06/you...a