My insurer's approved repairer isn't Honda-approved. Will letting them fix my Honda invalidate my warranty?

A couple of days ago my parked Honda CR-V was struck by a Morrisons delivery van. Damage to the vehicle includes bodywork repair for dents and scrapes, and possibly replacement parts. My insurance company has given my details to their approved repairers, who have contacted me to arrange to pick up the vehicle and take it to their workshop. However, when speaking to them, they are not Honda approved and presumably would have difficulty in obtaining genuine Honda parts if needed. If I let them repair my vehicle (if they are able to), will this invalidate my Honda warranty?

Asked on 19 May 2020 by Kevin Greene

Raise this with the insurance company and ask for a Honda approved repairer. If they are unable to find one, ask the insurer to provide a guarantee (in writing) that they will financially compensate you if the repairs invalidate the warranty.