How do I get a car on SORN to a garage to be MoTd?

I have a car on SORN and need to use it. It has no MoT so how do I get it to a garage to be tested? Do I need to insure it?

You can drive a car on SORN without road tax to a pre-booked MoT test. The car must be insured and (if stopped by the police) you will need proof of the MoT appointment. Once the car has passed the MoT, you will need to tax it before driving it home.

However, take note, the validity of your insurance may be compromised by the SORN. You will need to check with the insurance provider that you will not invalidate your cover by driving it on the road to a pre-booked MoT.