We bought a used car which is now off the road indefinitely with a fault - should we be offered a replacement?

We purchased a 2017 Land Rover Discovery with 47,000 miles in April this year form a Land Rover dealer. The purchase price was £40,000. The car developped a fault whereby it would stall in reverse gear and also in drive mode. The car has been in the garage three times for analysis and repair however the problem persists. We picked the car up again 12 days ago. The turbo and crank shaft have been replaced and we were advised that extensive testing had taken place. The minute we put the car in reverse gear, the issue occurred again. The car is currently in the garage. Nothing seems to be happening and the garage seem to be at a loss.

The car has now spent more time in the garage that in our possession. The car is under warranty. We are willing to take on another Land Rover of a similar age and put this down to bad luck. Having never encounterd such a situation before, though, I am not sure what my rights are. Would it be reasonable to expect Land Rover to replace our current car with a like for like?

These are your rights, though enforcing them in the County Court is not fort the faint-hearted and could set you back £20,000 in legal and court fees alone. So best to know your legal rights and to seek a reasonable solution with the dealer principal of the dealership concerned, remembering that an issue like this is as much a nightmare for him as it is for you: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/