Are there any sound generators to mimic engine sounds on hybrids?

Are there any sound generators to mimic engine sounds on hybrids? I thought they were due to become compulsory this summer and I am frightened by how many pedestrians step out in front of me!

Asked on 28 May 2019 by A C A Hopkins

All new electric or hybrid cars seeking approval in Europe from July will have to generate a noise when travelling at low speeds. Many already do - although they're still very quiet, in my experience. You might be interested in reading my thoughts about this when I was running an electric Volkswagen e-Golf: www.honestjohn.co.uk/our-cars/volkswagen-e-golf/a-.../