My timing belt has gone - what rights do I have?

What rights do I have in terms of my BMW 1 Series which I have had from new and is three months out of warranty as my timing belt has potentially gone?

Asked on 24 December 2018 by Emma

A BMW 1 Series does not have a timing belt. The engine is timing chain. If that failed and if the car is on a BMW service regime with extended oil change intervals, but you have conformed to them, then you have a case against the supplying dealer and jointly under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 against the finance house for the car and its service regime not having been "of satisfactory quality". See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/