My friend damaged someone's uninsured car - should she just settle it herself without involving her insurance?

My friend's caused slight damage to a neighbour’s car, which was parked on a public road. She admitted liability and asked for his insurance details. He refused saying that his vehicle was uninsured and if she gave him £150 that would be the end of the matter. Where does she stand?

Asked on 9 July 2018 by Mick McKeown

The fact that his vehicle is illegally on the road does not stop the neighbour claiming. Did your friend get it in writing that the other party would accept the £150 as "full and final settlement for all and any damages" and waive all rights for any claim related to this incident? You need that done. Otherwise she is still liable for any claim.
Tags: insurance