Which products have made it into the Honest John Kit gift guides for Christmas 2019? You'll be surprised... | No thanks

Honda CR-V (2018 on)

reviewed by Anonymous on 14 November 2019

CRV SR I-MMD CVT Hybrid AWD

reviewed by Clothcap on 17 October 2019
Overall rating
How it drives
Fuel economy
Tax/Insurance/Warranty costs
Cost of maintenance and repairs
Experience at the dealership
How practical it is
How you rate the manufacturer
Overall reliability

Spacious, comfortable, smooth riding SUV

Loads of room front and rear. Rear doors open to 90 degrees allowing easy access for the infirm or elderly. Three average size passengers can sit comfortably in the rear. Trunk is not the biggest in class but ample for a few suitcases. Tailgate does not open very high and anyone over 6' needs to duck.

Smooth CVT transmission and seamless transition between electric and petrol power. In normal suburban driving the petrol engine is almost inaudible but when pulling hard, as in overtaking or ascending steep inclines, it is noisy.

It feels very solid and , so far, there are no rattles or squeaks.

Because I had to wait a month for delivery I was provided with a 2WD demonstrator as a stop gap. In this I averaged 56mpg over 600 miles of suburban and motorway driving. In my AWD I am averaging only 49.1mpg under same conditions and driving style. According to WLTP the difference should be only 1 or 2 mpg so I am disappointed.

My previous, cheaper, car (Qashqai) had a heated windscreen and 360 camera but my main concern is absence of a space saver wheel or even space to store one.

I like the Apple Car Play which provides current driving conditions via Google Maps.

Overall, it is a lovely car to drive and very practical for someone like me who frequently carries passengers and carts volumes of stuff around.

Report as offensive