vauxhall corsa 1.2 - CliveT
can any one help me the engine managment light on a k plate corsa
occasionally comes on and then the engine cuts out, i've taken the car in for a test on the engine managment system but the results show no problems,any ideas, could it be connected to a faulty sensor on the engine and if so any clue as to where it is
vauxhall corsa 1.2 - jc
Should a "K" Corsa have a management light? Seems a bit early to me!Only legally needed for StIII. and St.IV emissions;something like Jan. 2002 onwards;didn't come in at 2000 with rest of St.III.
vauxhall corsa 1.2 - robert
ALL petrol Corsas have ECU's with cats. Indeed, all petrol Novas from '92 onwards have them as well I think.
vauxhall corsa 1.2 - Dynamic Dave
This site will give you the info you need:

www.knighta.f9.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes....m
vauxhall corsa 1.2 - John S
CliveT

When you say it cuts out, does the car completely stop, and require a restart, or can yo keep it running? I assume too that if you stop, turn off the ignition and restart, the engine management light goes out and the car runs OK, until the next time.

I ask because the problem Vx engine management systems is that they don't record faults which are transient. So, I'm not surprised your test showed no problem. Having had problems with a Vectra I was told by the dealer that it needed the car run for at least 20 minutes with the light on to make the fault code lock in the memory. That worked. So, try that if you can keep it running.

That said, I found the dealer was able to give a 99% diagnosis of the fault on my car (camshaft sensor) from a description of the symptoms. The 1.2 Corsa has a simpler system than the Vectra, and if I wonder if a Vx dealer (or, if you can give a better description here, someone on this site) could consider which potential faults may cause the problem. I'd try, but my Corsa manual went with the car and I don't have the system description to hand.

Regards

John S