Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - johnnyrev
Rather scary incident on the school run today. A car with a blue disabled badge was parked with 2 wheels on the pavement right outside school in the restricted area and as I squeezed past on foot I clipped the wing mirror. As I approached my house just a 100 yards around the corner the car drove up and the driver, a gentleman in his late 50's, got out shouting abuse and pushing me for bashing into his car. Quite scary especially as this was in front of my 6 year old.

I said back to him that he shouldn't park on the pavement, to which he said he was allowed to park on the pavement due to his blue badge ( I think it is hs wife's badge). I went into my house wanting to just get away and then threatened to smash my car which was on the drive!

I am tempted to email the local government dept who look after blue badges, also tempted to report the lovely gentleman! I've posted before about pavement parking outside school, which has been better recently but this is a new twist!
Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - RT

As a Blue Badge holder myself, I know that it doesn't permit parking with any part of the car on the pavement, nor does it permit parking on zig-zags near schools and pedestrian crossings. Every Blue Badge issue and renewal gets the latest copy of the conditions under which a Blue Badge can be used.

Like all groups of people who won't find out the rules or stick to them, there are a few Blue Badge holders who are irresponsible - or more likely their able-bodied partner.

The man in question will get his just deserts, eventually.

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - barney100
Sounds like a nasty moment for you, look out for this car again, take the number and report the driver to the police for threatening behaviour. In fact report the incident asap and that will make you feel better. A friend of mine's daughter was road raged and she pulled into a service station and drove right up to the window where the till is. The guy doing the road rage got out of his car and hurled abuse but unfortunately for him the girl took his number and got the service station bloke as a witness. A few days later the road rager was hauled out of meeting at his work by the police who gave him a formal warning etc.
I had one the other week, f*** this and that at my good lady as he stood by her driver's door, I got out of the car and gave him the don't you speak to my wife like that line and he backed off, good job as he was 30 years younger than me and much bigger....no fool like an old fool....got a rocket from herself being an idiot!
Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - thirts

What you really need is a child squeezing passed on their bike and scratching the side of his car. He'd have no come back and would hopefully learn a lesson.

Pavement parking is one of my bugbears - not sure how I would have reacted if it had been me, as it's very easy for me to be brave on a keyboard at home, but I hope I would have been very calm as I took down is disbaled parking details and told him I'd be reporting the incident to the Council's blue badge service

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - NARU

I used to have a friend who had a pram with some sticky-out metal pieces which would mysteriously rub against cars parked on the pavement

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - madf

Cars on the pavement cause me to lose my balance when I run past them.. my money belt breaks my fall - pity it has a sharp buckle.

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - Bromptonaut

Pavement parking is a bugbear for me at the best of times; how would my Mum using her frame get past?

After falling from the eponymous bike a couple of weeks ago I'm a (temporary) cripple. Just going to the post box on crutches this afternoon I had to ease round a pavement parked Focus. I suspect his mirror will bounce back again, unfortunately.

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - Chris M
Report the incident to the police straight away. Your neighbourhood bobby will likely give you a call. He or she should be aware of the parking issues by the school and will have the kids safety interests in mind. Ask them to have a word in the driver's shell like.
Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - daveycooper
As someone who has the misfortune to work in local authority traffic department, I have often come across such problems but it can be tricky to enforce. I believe that, from a legal view, being parked with two wheels on a path is not illegal - it is the action of driving on the path (techinally cops would have to view the moving offence). Begs the question how could a parked car get there unless it had been ridden over the path!

That said, it is also an offence to obstruct the highway therefore if pedestrain movements on the path were obstructed by said car, the police could probably have issued a ticket.

Also, parked on school zig zags = parking ticket and i dont believe there is an exception for blue badges.

If you see him do it again do as previous advice and speak to local bobby!
Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - bathtub tom
>>as I squeezed past on foot I clipped the wing mirror

You could claim that as he drove past on the path he hit you!

No evidence, no claim.
Thanks all, I will certainly get the car's reg number this afternoo, but probably distreectly as I don't want him chasing me and pushing me around again. And it would be unseemly for a priest (hence johnnyrev) to get involved in a fight!

I may get in touch with the local government dept who deal with blue badges. I shall try to resist the temptation to cycle up to school and 'fall' into his car!
Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - nortones2

You really ought to report this assault to the police. Witnesses?

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - concrete

Hello johnnyrev, a good idea would be to take a photograph, then you have proof of parking on the pavement and parking on the zig-zag lines by a school. Your local 'plod' would be a good first port of call to describe your terrible incident. I am sure there would be more than enough evidence to at least elicit a formal caution for this idiot. Such behaviour is not acceptable and needs to be nipped in the bud before this idiot either hurts someone or picks a fight with the 'wrong' person and gets a pasting himself. On second thoughts.....

Peace be with you all. Concrete

Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - Hamsafar

It was an accident beween a car and pedestrian. Even if there was no damage or injury, you should have asked him for his insurance details, and if he refused, you could have reported it to the Police, but he ho, live and let live.

The offending driver wasn't there today, maybe parked somewhere else, in whch case I will probably not do anything else. If I do see him parked in the same place I will take a picture, but heres hoping I never see him again!
Pavement parking and threatening behaviour! - ijws15
You should report it, pushing you is assault. Far more serious than parking on the footpath.