Ford Focus 1.6LX 2003 - Help!! my car judders when i accelerate? - jaypen

Went and filled my car at the petrol station today, shortly after my car started to judder when i accelerate, runs fine when idle?? I have also have noticed a noice the last few weeks it sounds like the old VW beetle each time i accelerate but the car was running fine back then? help please what to do?

Went and filled my car at the petrol station today, shortly after my car started to judder when i accelerate, runs fine when idle?? I have also have noticed a noice the last few weeks it sounds like the old VW beetle each time i accelerate but the car was running fine back then? help please what to do? it also low on power when you try to accelerate..... any ideas?

Ford Focus 1.6LX 2003 - Help!! my car judders when i accelerate? - elekie&a/c doctor

Very possibly a light misfire.Not uncommon on zetec engines.Could be a problem with spark plugs ,ht leads or coil.Also coolant ingress into the spark plug holes could be an issue.hth

Thank you hth, i have taken it to a local garage where they going to change the leads and spark plugs however i have noticed that the engine maeng

Edited by jaypen on 11/05/2012 at 18:46

Thank you for the advice hth, the car has been booked into the garage for monday for new spark plugs and leads also a fluids service as well. However on my way home the engine mangermant light has come on would this be related to the problem? would i be able to use the car over the weekend?

Ford Focus 1.6LX 2003 - Help!! my car judders when i accelerate? - Big John

Sounds like the coil pack to me. When misfiring it is probably dropping to two cylinders. I would avoid using the car as you may damage the catalyst.

When a wasted spark (1 coil per two cylinders) coil pack starts failing, initial symptoms are everything OK on tickover but you drop to two cylinders under load. Under load it can sound like an old Citroen 2cv (2cylinder!)

P.S. This would eventually put the engine management light on.

Edited by Big John on 12/05/2012 at 12:13

Ford Focus 1.6LX 2003 - Help!! my car judders when i accelerate? - unthrottled

This engine is quite prone to coil pack failure. Replacing the cat is expensive because you usually need a new exhaust manifold as well.

Ford Focus 1.6LX 2003 - Help!! my car judders when i accelerate? - drogers

This is Throttle body assy

check elswhere on Honest John theres a 53 item ting on same problem