Mazda6 - 1st Insurance claim - Tally

Hi

I have just made my 1st claim in 30 years this week for a non fault claim and found the insurance claim process quite harrowing, after the process of calling the insurance co, then management co (direct assist) and the following calls from everyone I am worried about the car hire process from Direct Assist as they charge £63 a day for Astra which is high they say i'm not at fault and the other insurance co have admitted liability but i might have to pay also i have just moved my insurance policy from the 1st Dec to another company as they were cheaper but have put up my premium £50 even though i was not at fault, is this just another con by the insurance company and can i claim againt the other party for the extra ?

Thanks

Mazda6 - 1st Insurance claim - daveyjp

I would get confirmation from the credit hire company that you will not be personally liable for the charges regardless of the eventual outcome of the claim.

If they can't give you this send the car back - £450 a week soon mounts up, especially if the claim is contested. The credit hire company have no interest in reducing the hire term as it boosts their profits.

Mazda6 - 1st Insurance claim - Tally

Yes i think its expensive but its my insurance who say i have to use them. no wonder it costs so much, other insurance co have admitted liability as there customer ran into the back of my stationary car but i have read so many bad reports about accident management companys and i am a cynic at the best of times. The thing that gets me is insurance goes up when i've not made a claim and its not my fault

Mazda6 - 1st Insurance claim - The Gingerous One

Hi,

I had a vaguely similar case earlier this year (I also have a Mazda 6). Had small accident just 4 days from the end of my existing ins policy. I had already renewed with another ins co, so once the accident had occurred I had to ring my about-to-be new ins co and tell them that the original details I'd gievn them 3 weeks previously had changed, and that I was currently involved in a claim.

they then charged me ~£150 as they knocked off 2 yrs NCB, but said that if all the costs are recovered from the other persons ins co then the NCB will be re-instated and also the money refunded.

2 months later I had notification that my now previous ins co had indeed recovered all their costs and that I was not liable to pay anything. Upon passing this information onto my ins co my NCB got re-instated and sure enough the ~£150 I had paid out was indeed refunded...and without trauma, which was quite unexpected.

So slightly painful at the time, but it all got sorted out. was also good that the other party admitted liability to their ins co as well, which doesn't always happen....

BTW that daily car charge is a proper rip-off, we use Vauxhall Astras from a well-known national car hire firm and are charged £25/day. Make sure you are most definately not held liable for the costs in the event that the other ins co doesn't pay.

cheers

Stu