peugeot boxr - Stolen cloned camper - Algy123

Hello

I am hoping you can advise me on the following.
I recently paid 9k for a 2001 motorhome,when I went to buy the the road tax the police were called as the V5 was a forgery ,the police then came to my house and following vehicle checks it appears the vehicles identity had been changed and the original had been stolen,they then took it away for fingerprints etc.I had done all the usual checks an Experian autocheck with insurance upto 30k when you enter a vin number which I did I contacted them but they say under section 3 I cant claim on the insurance(rip off)
I assume it will be returned to the insurance company that would have paid the original owner when it was reported stolen.I watched a crime UK TV programme the other evening where a vehicles identity had been changed and originally stolen and then it was returned to the insurance company and the police officer said now the innocent purchaser will take the insurance company to court,but I didn't really understand which insurance company he meant is it mine who I insured the motorhome with remember I am insuring a vehicle that doesn't belong to me as the identity has been changed,or this it the insurance company who the vehicle will be returned to.Can you advise me of any other routes available to me.

thank you for your help

peugeot boxr - Stolen cloned camper - Armstrong Sid

As far as I can work out, this message will make sense if everywhere you say "insurance company" we substitute "finance company".

Is that the case? Do you really mean insurance company?

A few full stops would make it easier as well

peugeot boxr - Stolen cloned camper - Ethan Edwards

The situation is that you never had good title to the vehicle. It's not now and has never actually been your vehicle.

The original owner has probably had his cash from his insurance comapny so he's out of the picture. So the vehicle is now owned by the original owners Insurance company.

I imagine your referring to being able to claim a return of premium from your insurance company because you were never on risk for the specified vehicle....possibly ...worth a try.

So where do you stand? Well if you can find the bloke who sold you the vehicle you may be able to recover (ie sue) your money from him....best of luck.

Otherwise you've lost the lot.

You may be offerred the chance to buy your vehicle from the original owners insurance company.

Sorry not much comfort there.

peugeot boxr - Stolen cloned camper - Algy123

Thank you Ethan,looks like the only hope is buying back from the insurance company,thats what I thought...and Sid if Grammer is my fault then I apologise but insurance does NOT mean fiance.