Which small/medium car has most comfortable ride? - John F

For anyone who has retired to a village and enjoys exporing the countryside for a good pub lunch a soft ride is essential because our country roads have been ruined in the last forty years by increasingly heavy vehicles and poor maintenance. They have no proper foundations and just get sprayed with tar and grit occasionally when the potholes and furrows get too numerous.

It used to be said that the English blamed the road and the French blamed the car for a rough ride. What is the modern equivalent of 1960s Renaults/Citroens with squashy seats and soft shock absorbers? As French roads are now far better than ours, they do not seem to make suitable cars any more!

Which small/medium car has most comfortable ride? - SteveLee

The current Citroën C3 Picasso has a beautifully supple ride - easily the best in its class in this respect.

Which small/medium car has most comfortable ride? - gordonbennet

Some Corsa's come (at least till about 18 months ago when i changed jobs, so check if interested) on 70 series tyres which you only find on basic vans now, also found some Nissan Note's to have high profile tyres which ironed out the bumps.

The best vehicle by far though i've found is Berlingo or it's Pug stablemate, in lower spec preferably with non sporty proper tyre sizes.

Which small/medium car has most comfortable ride? - John F

Thanks .........any other contenders? Surely there must be a bit of competition for the market where comfort, rather than style, speed or road-holding, is now at the top of the list!

Which small/medium car has most comfortable ride? - Bobbin Threadbare

I had a 52 plate Ford Focus last car. It handled as you'd expect i.e. really fun on country lanes, but it was the LX one so on motorways it was like driving a speedy cushion. Best of both worlds ;-)

Which small/medium car has most comfortable ride? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}

Been a passenger in a Toyota Auris several times and the ride was very smooth.

A friends new Subaru pseudo off roader is very comfortable. I forget the name but it is a 5 door estate.