VW passat 1.9 TDi PD 115 AJM - hesitation under load & lack of boost at 3000 rpm? - penelopepitstop

HI there, i have a Tdi PD 115 VW passat, its done 96K, the symptoms are it hesitates under load, particularly in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears and when it hits around 3000 revs it like stops boosting? (like its hit a wall?)

The Vagcom came up with only one fault code which was "fuel temperature sensor", i replaced this but it made no difference. (the new part came with the sensor and housing, but i only replaced the sensor, seemed pointless replacing the housing as well, but maybe thats where im going wrong?)

Now no fault codes are showing

I have bought a new MAF and a new MAP sensor, neither made any difference. Next we cleaned out the EGR valve and manifold, this made no difference. Then i replaced any dodgey looking vacuum lines, none looked that bad? we even tried putting one of the vacuum lines straight onto the actuator to see whether the turbo arm went up and down and it did? Seems there is a vacuum?

Now really stuck as to what to do next, people have suggested changing fuel filter, replacing the housing to the fuel temp sensor, cleaning the MAF connector, replacing the thin hose that runs from the exhaust near the turbo to the ECU? ? dont know whether any of these things will help or if there is any new ideas people might have?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

VW passat 1.9 TDi PD 115 AJM - hesitation under load & lack of boost at 3000 rpm? - penelopepitstop

Me again, just thought of something else that could be of relevance and i have no idea about chipping or modding, but i removed what looked like a aftermarket type Chipping kit when i bought the car, it was a box (like an ECU) with 2 sets of wires coming out and 2 plugs on the end, however it was not plugged in to the car so i just removed it???

please can someone help?

VW passat 1.9 TDi PD 115 AJM - hesitation under load & lack of boost at 3000 rpm? - tonyd51

Hi just found ur thread. Ive got a 2.0l golf pd tdi .Its got the same problem. Luckily its under warranty. So far garage has changed tandem pump (no difference), erg valve and inlet seals(no difference), Maf sensor(no difference),finally after advice from head of technical services volkswagon They changed the fuel filter housing, Big difference still not 100%, but instead of hesitating at around 3000rpm now no prob until near 4000 rpm. I'll keep u posted if it disappears altogether.

VW passat 1.9 TDi PD 115 AJM - hesitation under load & lack of boost at 3000 rpm? - Graham567

I once had a car with similar symptoms and the cause was that the baffles had dropped in the exhaust causing a partial blockage.It ran fine at lower revs but higher up it started to choke due to the blockage.