Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - dannim12345

Hi, I have just bought a new-ish black Ford Ka. The dealer offered me Diamond brite protection (interior & exterior protection which keeps your car 'in showroom condition for life') and said I would think about it.

After looking at reviews on here and elsewhere it doesn't seem too great but I would like to buy either diamond brite or something similar which I can apply now that will help keep my car in a good condition. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - Collos25

Just wash it well and keep it clean inside and out and give it polish now and again.

Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - conara
Hi Dannin, good post / question , I use a few auto glim life shine , mer , turtle wax , and some one has just given me greased lightning "showroom shine" £19.99 for a ltr, they say you can youse it as a wash and wax I am using it as a finishing top coat takes about 15 mins to do a whole car and buffs up nice .

The thing is with even the life shine products they loose the sparkle after a while and need toping up, be interesting to see what the others are using at moment.

Back in the day nothing would beat a few coats of laquer and a tin of quality wax,
I will let you know how the showroom shine compares against the mer, and auto glim life shine,

Best regards
Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - bbc123

From reading many forums on the web - and my own experience - I've found that you can protect your car's finish really well by doing the job yourself at a fraction of the cost. Once every six months (usually September and March) I wash the car, polish it with something like Autoglym Super Resin Polish, or Turtle Wax Extreme. Then I put a sealant on, such as Autoglym's Extra Gloss Protection or Turtle Wax's Platinum Extra Gloss. SRP/Extreme is great for removing the dirt that washing won't remove, and filling or removing minor scratches. The EGP/PEG are good sealants which adds to the shine and durability. The Turtle Wax lasted all through last year's harsh winter well into spring.

Loads of people out there have different methods and often like to go even further to protect their car's finish, but I find the above works really well for me. Costs about a tenner for the polish and another tenner for the sealant. I bought these items three or four years ago and still haven't used them up! Money well spent IMHO...

Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - Roly93

I am guessing they probably wanted about £250 to do this.

What I would recommend is using BMW Nano Wax which you can get on Ebay for around £7. I have used this for about 2 years now and I have never come across a car polish better, and I have tried most of the big name stuff.

Okay Nano Wax (Hardwax) is only good for neww paintwork as it is completely non-abrasive, but as you car is new-ish thats fine.

MY 4 year old Audi has had this teatment every 6 months from almost new, and the paintwork still looks new.

I recently bough an 8 month old Focus which I gave a top to bottom treatment after a through wash. 4 months on the rain still beads off the bodywork.

To be honest it is a pipedream to think that any product gives more than about 12 months true protection, and the claims made about Diamond Brite are wildly optimistic in this respect.

Edited by Roly93 on 08/11/2010 at 12:52

Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - madf

I just use Aldi car wash wax with Carnuba in it.

Excellent shine and little work escept washing and drying.

If you think polish protects against stone chippings, you believe in faeires...

Ford Ka - Car protection similar to Diamond Brite? - dannim12345

Thanks for all your responses.