Renault Scenic - Manufacturer contribution on repairs - Scenic1210

Good afternoon all, first time post on here but long time reader, hoping that someone can assist with a situation I have.

Recently I purchased a 4 year old Renault Scenic, and chose to purchase a 1 year mechanical breakdown insurance for piece of mind. Recently, both the drivers and passenger front windows have stopped working, and also the dash display has become intermittant.

I have contacted my insurance provider, who state that although the items would be covered on the policy, Renault are contributing 75% towards the window repairs and anything above £100.00 for the dash panel, and as such I should approach my local dealer.

Heres where my issue lies. I have contacted my Renault dealer, and because I have an insurance policy, Renault refuse to contribute towards the repair costs. My insurance provider has agreed to accept the full costs, but this will affect my overall claim limit. I feel that having taken out cover to protect myself, I am being penalised by Renault, as they have stated that had I not had any insurance, Renault would contribute.

How does this stand legally? Do Renault have the ability to decide who they will cover for contribution, especially when it seems these items are a known concern?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards Alan