Lucy's telecom purgatory - LucyBC
Sorry for the delay in dealing with any queries for the last week.

I have moved both home and office and was supposed to unplug in the old places early last Friday morning and plug into the new ones last Friday lunchtime after a pleasant drive down the M4.

Unfortunately British Telecom seemed to have other ideas and we only got a land line in this morning - one week after it was due. Furthermore there is no mobile signal within 2 miles of the house.

But we now have landlines, broadband and working satellite reception so I should be back up to speed in dealing with everything. I will be catching up throughout today and over the weekend but if there is anything urgent please call me on 0117 383 0221.
Lucy's telecom purgatory - veryoldbear

Good luck. We had a problem a few weeks ago when some comic character nicked half a mile of telephone cable and we were off landline and broadband for nearly a week.

Manure occurs.

Lucy's telecom purgatory - madf

I have signed up to the new legal cover.

Hope it will be a waste of money - and is not needed...

Lucy's telecom purgatory - WellKnownSid

This is normal. Having moved several business premises plus moved home several times over the last 20 odd years, I have come to the conclusion that BT have never, ever had a customer move before.

Good luck with the new home and office!

Lucy's telecom purgatory - Avant

Best of luck Lucy, and good to have you back!

The most infuriating thing about BT (and privatisation has made not the slightest difference) is thgat it's so difficult to talk to a human being. I wonder if they (and other organisations like them) are not very subtly trying to get us all to deal with them online. In fairmess I have recently managed to reduce my phone bill by getting rid of lots of 'features' I didn't need - all of this done online.

Lucy's telecom purgatory - veryoldbear

"Your call is important to us .... "

Aaaaaaargh !

Lucy's telecom purgatory - LucyBC

Spoke to soon. So far we have had three delivery dates - the first for the day when we moved - so that one went sailing by. Then for a week later. Then (lastly) for five days later which was yesterday.

In that time I have had three different telephone numbers and the broadband has worked firstly for 18 hours - whereupon they cut it to "facilitate the second delivery date", then for 24 hours, when they cut it to "faciilitate the third delivery date - which was yesterday.

No broadband at all this time but an engineer is coming tomorrow (two weeks after agreed installation date...) and hence I am typing this on a public machine in Monmouth libarary...

Aaaaaaargh indeed.