Peugeot 306 1998 2.0 HDi - Headlamp Problem - b68ap

The headlamps on my peugeot have suddenly stopped working, when i switch them on the dash lights up but the lights do not come on. I need to try and get this sorted asap as my MOT retest is on Monday. I have checked the bulbs and they work fine. The full beams work fine. I think it may be a loose or dusty connection - but i don know where the connections are. Can anyone help please?

Peugeot 306 1998 2.0 HDi - Headlamp Problem - Peter D

Are you sure the dipped beam fuse is OK. Regards Peter

I checked the fuse box under the hood and both fuses look fine.
Peugeot 306 1998 2.0 HDi - Headlamp Problem - barkas

Could be the relay or the column stalk faulty

Peugeot 306 1998 2.0 HDi - Headlamp Problem - elekie&a/c doctor

If I recall,the fuses for the headlights are in the cabin fuse box ,to the right and below steering column.If the dip beam warning light on the dash works,then I would think the stalk switch is ok.Are you sure that the correct headlight bulbs have been checked,as each headlight has 2 bulbs?hth

When i turn the stalk to the dipped headlights - the dash lights up but the warning light does not. I have checked the fuses under the steering column and engine bay (cross checked with Haynes) .

where can i find the relay? Can this part alone be changed or will i need to change the whole thing?

Peugeot 306 1998 2.0 HDi - Headlamp Problem - elekie&a/c doctor

I don't think there is a relay on this model.The headlamps are powered direct from the stalk switch.I would suggest the next step is to remove the stalk switch and check the dip beam output wire.If I remember correctly,the headlight wires are on a 4 pin connector that plugs into rear of switch.hth

Peugeot 306 1998 2.0 HDi - Headlamp Problem - ben306_123

Hi,

Do you know what the fault was as I have the same issue.

Cheers