None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - Rattle
Typing with one hand and I find it very hard. Slipped on the ice on monday as most people will know and as a result got a broken elbow and my left arm is in plaster.

Do I need to inform my car insurance of this? my policy says i need to tell them if my medical history changes. Sorry about lack of details its painful typing.
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - Altea Ego
Rattle

In october last year I broke my ankle and in march this year I broke my elbow.

if you are in plaster you are not fit to drive. Hence there is no driving till the plaster comes off. No you dont need to tell the insurance company as you wont be driving.

I drove back from italy with a broken ankle, (the driving stopped however when it was put in plaster at home, then a air boot.) The elbow wasnt plastered (fractured radial head) but there was no driving for 4 weeks with that anyway.

As i wasnt driving while medically unfit the insurance company was not told

Edited by Altea Ego on 25/12/2009 at 23:00

None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - henry k
So leave the car where it is.
Concentrate on what the doc says.
I wish you a speedy return to pooper tiepin.
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - gordonbennet
Just make sure your anti freeze is up to strength, and yes speedy mend.
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - b308
And relax... Its CHRISTMAS!

(To quote a well-known song!)
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - zookeeper
is it legal to drive with just one eye? just wondered how would judge the distance of the car in front etc etc
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - Jcoventry
If you did tell the insurance company, I bet they would take advantage of the situation by increasing your premium next year!
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - Blue {P}
It's not in any way relevant to them unless you intend driving with your arm still in plaster!

Get well soon!
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - L'escargot
fao zookeeper.
is it legal to drive with just one eye?

A guide to visual standards for drivers ............. tinyurl.com/lw4e2q

Edited by L'escargot on 27/12/2009 at 08:20

None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - jc2
You'll be telling them about the break-in surely-even if you don't claim???
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - the swiss tony

They may not be best pleased about the car being unlocked though....
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - Altea Ego

do that and your premium goes up next year becuase you are a higher risk
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - gordonbennet
i've long had a saying that could be applied here, but i use it in my work.

management are are on a need to know basis and what they need to know is as little as possible.
There's no break in to report to them, he left the doors unlocked, someone opened one of them and helped themselves to his sat nav, I would certainly not be telling them if it were me! The car was surely undamaged or harmed in any way?

I won't be telling insurance although the car does now have a crime number against it. Although I have fully comp (no price difference) the only time I will use insurance is if I have an accident.

The only reason I have is because its a legal requirement.
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - ForumNeedsModerating
I would be very wary about not reporting this incident. If the incident has a crime number & the OP is asked about any incident involving himself or his car, surely it would be cause for invalidation if not revealed?
After all, if the insurance covers theft from the vehicle (which my comprehensive cover certainly does..) then the theft becomes a material fact in any future disclosure when applying for insurance (even if not claimed for)?

The crime details held by the Police are not entered onto the MIB database, therefore no need to worry about it, unless they knew specifically to go and ask about the incident (which they wouldn't as it isn't on the database) then they would never find out about it.

Reporting this would just mean handing over even more money to his insurers than he already does.
None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - ForumNeedsModerating
The crime details held by the Police are not entered onto the MIB database, therefore no need to worry about it...

Oh no? There are lots of facts about our circumstances that aren't held on the MIB database - the simple wager is: if you take out insurance & make a claim & haven't disclosed any & all material facts your claim could be void. I wouldn't be quite so sanguine about advising that course of action.

None motoring injury - do i need to tell insurance - jbif
Reporting this would just mean handing over even more money to his insurers than he already does. >>

By not reporting a crime involving his car, he is withholding material facts from his insurer.

They are therefore unable to work out whether his premium is high/low/adequate for the risk that they are covering.

In my mind, Blue's (and other similar) advice is akin to that given in a sermon recently by Rev Tim Jones of St Lawrence and St Hilda in York.

I am sorry I phoned the police now .
In my mind Blue's (and other similar) advice is akin to that given in a
sermon recently by Rev Tim Jones of St Lawrence and St Hilda in York.

Each to their own but I think the situations are hugely different.