99 2.0tdi start up then sounds like a bag of nails - bry01
hi all i have a Vauxhall Vectra B facelift 2.0tdi diesel i went to work and car was fine i left work and started my car up and it was rough on idle speed and when i reved it up it sound like a bag of nails and wanted to stall i got it home in limp mode any ideas what it could be

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 16/11/2009 at 18:50

99 2.0tdi start up then sounds like a bag of nails - simoncbr900rr
i can almost guarantee it`s the crankshaft sensor....did u lose the rev counter as well?......if the idle is lumpy and drives in safe mode it`s deffo the crank sensor
hii had the mass air flow meter changed yesterday and it ran like a dream then i was on way home tonight and the eml light kept flashing and it is running very slow now and when i pull away its wants to go but it just slowly moves could it mean that my glow plugs are playing up the eml stays on now please help
99 2.0tdi start up then sounds like a bag of nails - simoncbr900rr
it`s the crankshaft sensor....when it`s cold it runs ok but as soon as it warms up it goes into limp home mode and th eml light comes on......stop spending u don`t need to!!!!!......it`s 40 quid from vauxhall and takes 10 mins to change...get on with it

Edited by Webmaster on 19/11/2009 at 00:28

i changed the crankshaft sencor about 4 months ago could it have gone faulty that quick
mass air flow meter the new one was faulty and its in the garage having a new one fitted