00 2.0 Engine Electronics warning light - Rupeski
Diesel model (estate), 160K mileage. Warning light has been coming on occasionally for past month but now on all the time below 3K revs, engine idles erratically and loss of power, no acceleration.
I've not been to the Vauxhall dealership yet for diagnostic, is it worth trying my usual mechanic or is it only the Vauxhall people who can perform the diagnostic?
Only had the car since April and costly so far so loathe to go anywhere near the dealership people!
I appreciate need to read up more fully on the forums but any help or suggestions in meantime would be appreciated.
00 2.0 Engine Electronics warning light - topbloke
start with a good check around the engine bay paying particular attention to oil level first, then check all the small bore vac pipes and the rubber ends that push onto the valves rubber bits split, plastic vac pipes chafe/rub through, if these are all okay next would be a code read, dont need to be dealer level but ask your local/usuall guy, if he cant maybe he knows or can recomend some one,regards TB
Many thanks for your help, I'll try out those suggestions and post an update.
No pipe splits apparent so it's been code-read coming up with P1335, which I think is fuel injection pump. Mechanic to pull apart tomorrow to try and diagnose further, warns v.costly if it is the injection pump, probable write-off in view of car's (lack of) value!
00 2.0 Engine Electronics warning light - mickyh7
I still think this is a vacuum issue ? Be very weary of allowing the pump to be taken off . Could be £1000 + bill. Or a 90 pence part ! (or a piece of Gaffer tape).
Thanks for the suggestions/advice. Turned out to be the crankshaft sensor, couple hrs labour, £140 all in .... relief!