New Tyres - EoinM
Hi all,

the time has come for some new rubber but the array of options is staggering. Basically the car is a 2006 Leon 2 1.6 running on 225/45/R17's. Can anyone recommend me a good long lasting low noise tyre! I dont mind paying extra for a decent tyre. The ones that the dealer put on when i bought it have barely done 16000km!!! Cheap rubbish is all they are, especially as i dont drive the car hard!!! There are chunks starting to come out of them so they need to go even though there is still a bit of thread left.

New Tyres - daveyjp
Same size as my Audi which will be changed soon and you shouldn't believe expensive ones will last longer.

My OEM Pirelli P Zero Rosso have done 15,000 miles and are down to 3mm. Excellent tyre for roadholding, but as a result wear quickly. Many owners report a similar experience with many more enthusiastic drivers getting less than 10,000 miles form a pair.

Toyos or Vredestein for me next time.

Edited by daveyjp on 24/07/2008 at 13:07

New Tyres - Nomag
I have a TDI FR with same tyre size.
My OEM Pirelli P Zero Rosso lasted 16.5k miles on the front (down to 2.5mm), but that's with a great big heavy 2.0 TDI and lots of torque, so these ought to last longer on the lesser powered (and lighter) 1.6
The grip was very good but they were pricey so I got some Goodyear's that were recommended on Seat Cupra.net from Etyres and 6k later they are showing v little wear. However the wet weather grip is not as good as the Pirellis. That said, in the dry there is little between them.