08 1.9 Bio Diesel - Humperdink
Dear all,

I have been offered bio diesel (specifically manufactured) to european standard EN14214, for use in my alfa GT.

The company that remapped the ECU specialize in racing diesel cars and they have said there should be no probs.

What do people think about this considering its almost brand new, i intend to renew the fuel filter after using biodiesel for the first time.

The fuel cost 96 pence a litre and will be delivered to my home for free!

Is this too good to be true?

Kush
08 1.9 Bio Diesel - madf
First read the manual.

And second if wrong, you invalidate the warranty..

It's a new car!
08 1.9 Bio Diesel - Shaz {p}
Don't know the going rate for biodiesel to be honest.
What company is it that is providing the biodiesel?

2004 156 2.4 JTD SW (175)
08 1.9 Bio Diesel - Humperdink
The company is called enfuels ltd and they are based in thatcham berks

going rate for bio diesel is 96pence a litre.

just google enfuels to find their website
08 1.9 Bio Diesel - Mister B
I also have a GT and I'm looking at doing this myself (from the same company) From the people I spoken to they recommend a 50/50 mix and fuel filter replacement after the first 1500 miles or so. It will invalidate the warranty though (Although some remaps will as well) but he said this was because of "Oil Comapny lobbying" rather than a issue with the fuel. Doing a 50/50 mix is not going to save you too much money in the long run (about 10p per litre per tank of 50/50) but donning my tree hugging hippie hat for a moment it will halve the carbon footprint on your car (as it's a carbon nuetral fuel) and apparently the CO2 content of the emmissions on 100% bio is a fifth of normal so your car will produce 40% CO2 (if my maths work out!). I'm thinking about it very seriously as my warranty expires in September anyway. At the end of the day it's going to be a slight saving on the fuel bill given current prices but I'm doing it for envrionmental reasons and to make my smug Prius driving friends regret mouthing off about saving the planet...

Hope that helps a bit.

Mister B