import - davidlw
Interested in Honda Prelude for sale privately, told its an import but with "parts cheaper on the net than with Honda dealers".Car is at What Car? trade price guide as opposed to private sale price,do you accept the reduced price and use the saving to allow for any future expense or do I avoid altogether? I do fancy the Honda Prelude, especially 2.2 V tech, it would be my car as opposed to the family taxi. Any comments and guidance greatly appreciated.
import - Keith S
I would Recommend getting an Insurance quote first. Jap imports are difficult as not many insurers will touch them.

Try Bell Direct or Privelege. If you try others the first question should be "Do you insure Japanese Imports?" Otherwise you will spend 20 mins going through the info and then be told at the end that they dont do jap imports. Annoying to say the least.
import - John Davis
The reluctance, by many insurance companies, to cover imports, was a difficulty even up to a couple of years ago. However, many insurance companies are now keen to quote. My own import is covered by Norwich Union, through the brokers, Swinton, and, on the various import enthusiasts websites you can find recommendations for many insurance companies and a wide variation in premiums. Some require a Thatcham 2 alarm to be fitted as a condition of insurance.