How to find your car's exact engine spec? - tystie
I have all my A3's documents and can't find anything that says what horsepower the car is.

The car data sticker says 1.9 TDI sport - which i know, but is it 100, 110 or 115 bhp? Is there an easy way of telling?

I have a problem in that the car's acceleration frequently fades away to a 'plateue?' if you know what i mean. This happens before you would expect it as I'm sure it's not near the top revs for the gear. This is most apparent if just started and going up a hill.

Local audi dealers looked at the air mass meter but then decided it might be the turbo. That was 6 months ago and it hasn't got any worse - just annoying.

The dealer i bought it from said they thought the car had been chipped to bring it to 130bhp but had no proof and i have no way of knowing - it certainly doesn't feel like 130 bhp.

Its a TDI sport 2001 and has 72,000 miles with a cared for history. It's due a service in a few weeks and I want to know whether i should go for a new turbo

any thoughts anybody?

cheers

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 03/12/2007 at 21:07

How to find your car's exact engine spec? - Screwloose

On the top of the cam-belt cover is a label. It will contain a three-letter code like ANU.

That identifies the engine exactly.
How to find your car's exact engine spec? - adverse camber
As Screwloose says the engine code will tell you what you have, if not if its been molested (sorry modded)

Also very useful - there is a very good tdi diagnosis and problem page - off the top of my head i think its at domewhere like fredstdiclub ?

ah, try this tdiclub.com/TDIFAQ/
How to find your car's exact engine spec? - Peter D
The entire spec and option codes are on the label in the spare wheel recess. Regards Peter