Value of early Peugeot 106 - RaineMan
A friend was rear ended in their early (J) Peugeot 106 diesel. It is a write off and they asked me what they might be offered. Any ideas? Despite it being a very tidy and reliable car because of its age I cannot see more than £250 - 300. Obviously it was worth rather more to them.
Value of early Peugeot 106 - Paul Robinson
I know someone who suffered the same thing last month in a 'K' Peugeot 205. The insurance company gave them £600, which I thought was generous!
Value of early Peugeot 106 - bell boy
i would want £500 as settlement seing as it wasnt my fault,
depends on the insurance company really so friend may have to shout a little
Many thanks. I have told them to hold out for £500 as they have got all the aggro. It is going to be a hard car to replace as they can't add much cash. Had a look at at another small diesel for them but being a later model/higher trim spec there were electrical niggles (door mirrors, etc.). Could be a busy weekend.
Value of early Peugeot 106 - jase1
Sometimes insurance companies will surprise you.

When our M-plate Nissan Sunny was written off, we were expecting maybe £300, £500 if lucky. Although very reliable we knew the MOT (which was up a couple of months later, would be about now in fact) would be a problem -- the shocks on the rear were weeping and the sills were probably going to need welding up.

Get the phone call, amazed to be offered £965.

Needless to say we didn't bother haggling!
Friend got a call offering them £630 this morning which they accepted, together with a further two weeks use of the courtesy car. The search now starts in earnest. After re-surveying the rear end of their old car they have decided they want something a little larger as a couple of youngsters are carried in the back most Saturdays. With a total budget of ~£1200 and covering 350 miles per week (making fuel costs very important) the right car might be hard to find. All suggestions welcome.
Value of early Peugeot 106 - local yokel
406 TD estate, or a 306 TD. My 405 TD is on 189,000 and gives a comfortable 45 mpg. Still some 405s around, but nice, tidy ones are very hard to find.
Value of early Peugeot 106 - s61sw
''Get the phone call, amazed to be offered £965. Needless to say we didn't bother haggling!''

why not? - I would have asked for a nice round thousand.

S6 1SW