Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - drbe
On June 20th, British Airports Authority is instituting new drop-off areas and regulations for Gatwick South terminal.

Only coaches and the official airport taxis (Checker Cars - actually not taxis, but private hire) will be allowed to use the upper level.

Everybody else - Limousines, chauffeur driven cars et al will have to use the lower level. Passengers will either have to wait for a lift to take them to the upper level for check-in or walk up a steep ramp pushing a trolley with their luggage.

With BAA's impeccable reverse logic this means that people the least money (coach travellers) will get the best service, whilst people paying the most money (and more likely to be travelling First or Business) will get the worst service!

Paradoxical or what?
Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - flunky
With BAA's impeccable reverse logic this means that people the least money (coach travellers) will
get the best service whilst people paying the most money (and more likely to be
travelling First or Business) will get the worst service!

Not many first/business passengers at Gatwick South - most flights are budget airlines such as Easyjet.

There are a few flights to the US (US Airways, Continental and Virgin) which would have premium passengers.
Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - CGNorwich
"Passengers will either have to wait for a lift"

What a dreadful imposition to impose. The hardship of it all
Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - dieselicious
Flying regularly to the caribbean from Gatwick's south terminal, and using the car rental companies, I always have to use a lift or the long inclined walkway. If anyone complains about the fact they have to stand in a lift or walk for an extra 30 seconds, then they should be shot. Along with the foppish haired chap who had the temerity to beat me at tennis the other evening.

Also, if you'd ever been on a coach journey, you'd appreciate that the poor people on the coaches deserve a modicum of preferential treatment for the uncomfortable hardship they've just endured.
Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - flunky
Also if you'd ever been on a coach journey you'd appreciate that the poor people
on the coaches deserve a modicum of preferential treatment for the uncomfortable hardship they've just
endured.

I got one the other day, when my car broke down. Apart from the driver claiming not to have any change it was quite nice, good recline on the seats, quite comfortable, a toilet at the back, decent leg room. Don't get that in a minicab.
Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - drbe
I always have to use a lift or the long inclined walkway. If anyone complains
about the fact they have to stand in a lift or walk for an extra
30 seconds then they should be shot. Along with the foppish haired chap who had
the temerity to beat me at tennis the other evening.

Yes, but we aren't all. lean, fit (and not very good at tennis) like you!

Supposing we are 85 years old?
Dropping Off At Gatwick Airport - component part

8< SNIP! {Either quote a small part of the text of the person you're replying to , or use "in reply to xxxx" - DD}

Yes but we aren't all. lean fit (and not very good at tennis) like you!
Supposing we are 85 years old?

Ah so what...who cares if you're 85..if you're fit enough to move under your own steam to and around an airport, and then off on the plane, you can handle a lift ride or an inclined walkway. And if you're disabled you'll get help. Of course the 85 year old isn't going to be sprinting up and down, doesn't mean it's unfair for them to take that lift ride though...give over