grabbing autobox - Lee
I have had a Scorpio for two years. It is RWD and has an electronically contolled autobox. All the gear changes happen when they should, but over the last year it has started to snatch at some changes. It only happens on light throttle, most often around 15mph/1000rpm when gently braking, or around 20mph/2000rpm on the way up, but it can behave perfectly doing the same things, and seems to have good and bad days.

Suggestions on tests/observations to narrow down the field and find the cause and the cure would be very welcome as it's the only thing that spoils my enjoyment of the car.
Re: grabbing autobox - John S
Lee

I imagine you checked the obvious - the fluid level?

regards

john
Re: grabbing autobox - Lee
Yes, on level ground when hot, it was clean and full (slightly over). I'll double-check it both cold and hot to see the difference, if there isn't much of one then maybe a filter or pipe is restricted.
Re: grabbing autobox - Helpful Person
Try here: www.granada-enthusiasts.org/forums/
Re: grabbing autobox - john
Having the oil changed, and filter ? cured all sorts of problems on my Scorpio. Cost about £75 with an additive as I recall.
Thanks john, I think that the transmission fluid filter is sounding well worth investigation (see also reply to John S). I've just checked the service schedule, and it has nothing at any mileage except 'check and top-up fluid'.
Re: grabbing autobox - Phil
1st port of call is to change the ATF and remove and crap in the Tranny sump (I imagine there is one). Usually makes a world of difference.
Thanks Phil, that's probably what I'll do, it makes sense to be sure about that before going further.