Renault Scenic 2000 DCi - biggz
People, please give some guidance.....

Got a 1.9DCi scenic, new turbo fitted just before christmas, the old one went pop!
Since tehn teh low pressure fuel rail balance pipes burst, replaced, and also the EGR valve as it was fulll of something messy.....

Anyeways ontot he problem, car runs fine at all times, however once doing above 65 - 70 the igniition warning light comes on, then goes out once you slow down..... only does it at 65 - 70, obvioulsy a faulty sensor, problem is when reading the ECU fault mem, there is no fault stored (as these engines typically dont store everything). Has anyone had something similar and can tell me what it is?
Ill be getting my live diagnostics back soon (I hope) so can have laptop plugged in whilst driving and see what it says when the light comes on but really want htis sorted ASAP.

Any help much appreciated, oh and no these have a hugely bad rep at the moment, so only relevant replies please as dont want to start another debate on how poor this engines electrics are!

Biggz
Renault Scenic 2000 DCi - Altea Ego
You mean the red ignition warning light/ the one with the battery symbol?

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Renault Scenic 2000 DCi - Victorbox
I was thinking along the same lines as TVM as my old 1.9DCi Megane would occasionally blink on the orange engine management light at speed and put it out once you slowed down a little. This went on over several months. This was just before it stayed on all the time & went into limp mode with a duff EGR valve.

Not the battery symbol the pre / post heat ignition light and the ignition system failure lamp.

As mentioned earier it has a brand new EGR valve (The old one was full of crud, where the turbo failed earlier this year) whats interestign is when the fault first occured two days later the low pressure fuel balance pipes fractured and I thought this was teh fault, this obv wasnt, the EGR valve was changed last week, no improvement, waiting to get my fault reading equipment back from a mate, but really need a solution, anyone else have anything similar and what was it, if you know. I have had MAP and MAF and TDC and cam sensors out and tehy test ok, but obv very hard to simulate the under load conditions. Wont bother with renault again as when teh light is off there is no fault being recorded.

Biggz
Renault Scenic 2000 DCi - Victorbox
My Megane engine management light blinking on & off occasionally went on for about a year until it stayed on for good & car stopped. New EGR valve fixed it for about 3 months and then it started blinking on again - usually under load up a hill - so I guess similar symptoms to you. The new EGR valve masks the real problem. Is another fault gunking up the new EGR valve very quickly? Car went back to the lease company before it had a chance to breakdown again so I can't offer a fix.
Thanks for the response guys, guess id better have another look at the new EGR valve and see if somethings gunking it up. Should be good though.

Biggz
Result:

Found the cause of the probelm, this could be a common fault with a lot of cars. The MAP sensor is mounted to the firewall / bulkhead of the car next to the glow plug module, this means that it needs a very small rubber vac hose going to it to give it its reading. On our car this had come loose and was danlging about, however I also noticed that where it connects to the intake manifold the pipe was very thin and worn, this is something to lok out for as you wont see the pipe unless you look hard for it as it is behind all the intake pipework!!!!!!!

Thanks to all those who helped

Biggz