Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - mikejharvey
My brother in law took delivery of a new Meriva 1.7 ctdi this week, and has noticed that when cold, the oil pressure light takes 7 to 8 seconds to go out. He has been back to the dealer today, and they have tested the oil pressure which they say is OK, and fitted a new pressure switch. When he collected it, it was still taking about 3 seconds to go out, but of course it was warm not cold. I personally think this is too long, but wondered what you think please, and what may be the cause? It's as if the oil is draining back into the sump through the filter and past the pump, but this seems strange on a brand new car with 100 miles on the clock. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - Victorbox
When my 2006 petrol Zafira was brand new, very occasionally (say one in twenty starts) the oil pressure light would stay on for up to 5 seconds. The engine made no clatter & I put it down to a pressure switch that needed to loosen up or the engine being new & tight. After about 5000 miles (which for me is about 2½ months driving) it didn't happened again - now 26,000 trouble free miles have gone by.
Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - roland983
I have recently acquired a 30,000 mile Meriva 1.7ctdi and it too has a delay before the oil pressure light goes out. generally 4 seconds from cold. When hot it is instant if restarted within a few minutes, but takes longer after that.
My dealer assures me it is a characteristic of this engine and that there had been a directive from Vauxhall to this effect, but could not find it to show me.
Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - JJHamster
I was literally just about to call the dealer when I found this thread.
I have just got a freshly serviced 06 Network Q Meriva 1.7 with 6k on the clock. My oil light also takes several seconds to go out when the engine is started from cold. I certainly would be interested to read what Vauxhall say about this. Are other cars with the same engine affected I wonder?
Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - roland983
I have today tried two other meriva 1.7 s at a dealer ( an 04 and an 06 ) and they both had a delayed oil pressure light. I think it is OK. see also

www.cavweb-forums.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1520488#p...8
Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - lever8

Any update on this?

Meriva 1.7ctdi Oil pressure - Manatee

Well, seven and a half years have elapsed and the OP has not been back to say his engine has blown up.

It seems unlikely that we will hear any more:)