The good service thread - Vol 1 - cheddar
Hope the mods are happy with this, there are all too many opportunities to moan, here is an opportunity to offer good news and surely there is not a problem with "Naming and Praising".

I'll start:

---

I had a credit note for £200 from my local Ford dealer going back about 18 months that applied to a repair that they had initially charged for though subsequently realised was covered by a TSB and therefore should have been done under warranty, I had previously redeemed £100 of this and had £100 still to use.

Also at the time I booked the last scheduled service - which cost little more than £100 - they had an offer of one year?s free AA roadside assistance. I had made a mental note to cancel my current breakdown cover (which is through my insurer) when the AA paperwork came through. Eight months later I remember this and realised that the AA paperwork had never materialised, I mentioned this when contacting the dealer to arrange for what was in effect a minor service and a small repair relating to the airbag system.

I dropped the car in this morning and picked it up a few hours later, I was initially shown a bill of around £210 inc parts, labour and vat however the service manager offered to call it quits on the basis of me redeeming the £100 credit note and in lieu of the missing AA cover.

Excellent service, thanks Jamie at Brunel Ford, Winterstoke Road in Bristol.
The good service thread - Vol 1 - Phil I
I think you will find in HJ's Directories there is a place for recommendations.

(Satisfied customers: if you'd like to recommend a favourite garage, tell us why in an email to goodgarages@honestjohn.co.uk with the garage's name, address and telephone number.)

Happy Motoring Phil I
The good service thread - Vol 1 - cheddar
I think you will find in HJ's Directories there is a
place for recommendations.

That is rather different Phil, that is a place to post recommended garages though not to present a positive story outlining good service provided by such an establishment.
The good service thread - Vol 1 - 007

Don't overlook: www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47735