Astra clock keeps changing - penguin
I have a 53 reg astra estate and the clock keeps changing. It will say the right time or sometimes it will be an hour fast. Anyone got any ideas? when our car was in for repair vauxhall lent us a meriva and that had the same problem.
Thanks
Astra clock keeps changing - Victorbox
I've noticed this twice in the last 4 years with my wife's Corsa. I think it is to do with an error in the UK transmitter time signal (Rugby I think) rather than a fault with the car - perhaps someone is fiddling with the clock time there or perhaps the UK signal is down & the car happens to pick up a continental signal instead until the UK signal comes back on line. Are you on the eastern side of the UK by any chance? Each time I've noticed it it fixes itself by next day.
Astra clock keeps changing - GregSwain
Same thing happens with a radio-controlled alarm clock that I own. I live near the east-coast too, so maybe that's the cause.
Astra clock keeps changing - Dynamic Dave
If that is the cause, then temporarily disable the auto clock function as per the info in the audio manual. The auto time update is set via the RDS signal of the radio, rather than a direct link to the atomic clock at Rugby, so it could well be the fault of whichever radio station you listen to. I remember last year if I tuned my radio into a local station, the clock was always an hour fast, but tuning into a national station (eg, Radio 1 or 2) then it was correct again. Turned out that the local station hadn't updated their time servers.
Astra clock keeps changing - ndbw
My own experience has been,Vauxhall Vectra 1996 to 2002,the clock always had to be reset manually for summer time,I downsized to a 1.8 Astra in 2002,and am pleased to find it has reset itself without fail ,both cars based in Somerset

ndbw
Astra clock keeps changing - Hamsafar
Somebody at work has a Meriva with the same issue.
Do you get a small clock face symbol on the display? If so, this means auto-update is set, if not, it is not set. Whatever it is set on, try it set the other way.