Tony meets The Terminator - cheddar
I guess you have seen this on the news this AM, the PM in CA, a conference hosted by BP, I wont bore you with the details though it was yet another PR coup for Toyota re the Prius, when oh when is someone in authority going to point out:

1/ That a 60mpg Prius struggles to do 60mpg not least of which because it is dog slow so most drivers have to push it hard just to keep up with other traffic.

2/ That it costs almost twice as much in carbon terms to make a Prius than it does, for instance, a diesel Focus that is faster, better to drive, more spacious, cheaper to buy and does do 55mpg, not to mention infinitely better looking!

Perhaps it is a case of True Lies rather than Total Recall !

Regards.
Tony meets The Terminator - Armitage Shanks {p}
We can always hope that the Governor of California 'terminates' Tony and gives us all a break!
Tony meets The Terminator - Chris S
Go to www.youtube.com and do a search Kalifornia Uber Alles - it's so true it's frightening!
Tony meets The Terminator - madf
Britain is going to reduce CO2 levels:

new windfarms face £500M bills to connect to National Grid.
If you generate electricty at home through solar panels etc, and try to sell the surplus, the price paid is uneconomic.
We're knocking down 1,000s of viable houses and building new ones with huge increases in CO2 usage.
The Gov't funded Energy Saving schemes are running out of money.. half way through the year.

Never mind, enough hot air from politicians and Tony to float the world ona ballooon.. but joined up gov't.

Cow excrement baffles intelligence .
madf
Tony meets The Terminator - turbo11
I was laughing as I listened to the radio commentary with arnie speaking about how we must tackle global warming.I beleive he owns five Hummmers.
Tony meets The Terminator - Lud
Surely they took a cruise down Hollywood Boulevard on chopped Hogs seized by force from a gang of Hells Angels?

'Hasta la vista, Bambi.'
Tony meets The Terminator - Roly93
I was laughing as I listened to the radio commentary with
arnie speaking about how we must tackle global warming.I beleive he
owns five Hummmers.

You beat me to it, ie talk of saving the environment and the above do not go hand in hand !
Tony meets The Terminator - teabelly
I wonder which vehicle around now has the lowest CO2 foot print for the average of 12k miles a year for 5 years? Anything needing batteries will want them changing so they're out. It will probably be a panda running on reclaimed chip fat :-)

Some place in Lichfield has developed an electric smart conversion. Only specially selected businesses are going to be allowed to try them out initially. No info on how much they cost or whether you can find an old smart with a wrecked engine to save a few quid...it supposedly improves their performance but somehow I imagine most people will end up feeling like they're Ernie...
teabelly