2006 Golf SE TDI - bikemade3
Visited local VW dealer and just bought a 2006 06 Reg Golf SE TDI 1.9 105 BHP prevously registed with the dealer for £15000 dead. Allegedly comes with additional centre arm rest. No P/X, cash deal had 30 miles on th clock, taxed untill the end of August. Priced on the forecourt for £15750 local dealer would provide me exactly the same car for £15,800 with no previous owbner. Good deal what do you think?
2006 Golf SE TDI - Armitage Shanks {p}
Does your wife's solicitor think it is a good deal? Does he know about it - yet?
Doesn't know i,ve yet to see any divorce papers as far as i,m concerned i,m spending money that's in my name, liquifing assets totally legal just like emptying joint accounts...
I wasn't getting at you! Enjoy it while you can and remember Form E!
Anyone know is this a PD engine as it's rated @ 105BHP?..
2006 Golf SE TDI - type's'
Just had a look at the Golf on line brochure and yes it is a PD engine.
I think all TDI's are PD - its the SDI that is not.

Looks a cracking deal as well at £15K.
2006 Golf SE TDI - Stuartli
As far as I am aware it's the 115PS and upwards that have the PD version.

See: www.volkswagen.co.uk/company/press/sharan_diesel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
2006 Golf SE TDI - type's'
vw.co.uk/assets/pdf/golf_hatchback_brochure.pdf

Have a look at the above (page 16 of the brochure clearly states it is PD) - unless I am reading it wrong.
2006 Golf SE TDI - Stuartli
Found out this is incorrect. See:

www.buyacar.co.uk/technicalSpecificationyq11742.jh...l
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
2006 Golf SE TDI - JohnM{P}
The 105TDi is a PD engine - mine is 14months/41k old. Excellent car - quicker , roomier and goes round corners much more willingly than the Mk4 110TDi it replaced and just 1mpg thirstier. Only problem so far has been a replacement exterior temperature sensor (not of great importance, until it thought that the outside temperature was -42C so computer decided that whatever the interior temperature sensor said, it had better heat the incoming air...). Still have 2.5-3mm on front tyres. Variable interval service at 18.5 and 37k miles ie 30k km interval. Very pleased.

Er, What's Form E?

JohnM
2006 Golf SE TDI - Avant
Either they were at school together, or he's referring to the Formel E - a 1.3 Golf detuned for economy, current in the 1900s. It was so sluggish that you had to use maximum acceleration to get anywhere, thereby defeating the point of detuning the engine.
2006 Golf SE TDI - rtj70
See other thread from OP. He's looking to spend saving of £16k so his (ex-)wife sees none of it. Hence form E apparently. Don't know what a form E is myself.
Form E is a court generated means test in which you have to decalre all your property and money.

"Having been thru all this, more than once, I can tell you that you will soon get presented with a thing called Form E. This is a 28 page document, issued by the Court, in which you will have to declare every single thing you own, worht more than £100, with a valuation. This will include cars and bikes,jewellery, watches, cash, bank accounts, savings, ISAs, share options, cash over £100 - the list is endless. It has to be accurate and sworn on oath. Your wife/partner will have to do the same. You can also state your necessary expenditure, holidays clothes, food, heat ,light and so on. The information you are getting here is accurate as far as it goes. However, take it from me, ANY ducking and weaving will probably be detected and will be punished harshly."

2006 Golf SE TDI - bell boy
the inland revenue have a similar thing if you get called into room 101........... :(
2006 Golf SE TDI - barneybee
Hate to say it but my dad has the same model and hates it. He changed from a 53 plate 100bhp Golf SE TDI which he loved. He finds the newer model heavier, more slugish and noiser (engine has a terrible noise around 2750 rpm). He was contemplating changing it a few months after he had it. I've had a scout around the internet and couldn't find many negative comments so perhaps his is a 'one off'.

I can't convince him to take it to the dealer about the noise it makes, he's been fobbed off by them already. He drove the same model with 30K on the clock as a comparisson and said that it sounded even worse.

The 140TDI is a rocket!
2006 Golf SE TDI - Marky Mark
I had the 105ps for a 24 hour test drive and actually liked it. Yes it is heavier than the MkIV and lots of people will say the Mk V build quality is found wanting over the Mk IV. I found the 105 engine to be surprisinlgy refined and lively and coupled with the much improved handling it makes a very good car to drive, not up there with the focus but still good enough. In the end I plumped for the 140ps which is a very different car, true the engine is harsh at times, but it does fly!

MM
2006 Golf SE TDI - dodo
My mum has a 2005 105bhp 'S' which replaced a very tinny Corolla. First class car, smooth, refined and has loosened up nicely. Generally the best of the medium car range and when we go to exchange it next year with around 35000 miles there should be no nasty surprises.
2006 Golf SE TDI - colinh
VW are switching to common-rail next year?
Yes dealer was buying in 03 plates 3 year old with 36K for £9500 which is a stonkingly good residual.
2006 Golf SE TDI - JohnM{P}
IDB - I have no problem with noise at 2750rpm with my car. Also, my car feels so much lighter, and is definately quicker, than my 51 110TDi MKIV.
I believe the power steering assistance can be adjusted by a dealer - perhaps that could be checked also?
Suggest to your father that he takes it to another dealer for a second opinion
JohnM.