Father's brand new car written off - daveyjp
And he's not even driven it yet!

He is replacing his current driving school Fiesta with an end of line 2005 Fiesta - 1.4 TDCi Zetec Climate. His mechanic and car supplying friend secured an excellent discount as it's end of line.

He received a call last week to say the transporter his car was on has been involved in an accident and all the cars on it have been written off.

He's now receiving a 2006 model for the same price as the 2005 model.

This is the second time he's done well with Ford - The Fiesta he had before his current one was a better spec than the one he had ordered.

His current car is for sale if anyone's interested.
Father's brand new car written off - Stuartli
It never ceases to amaze me just how those giant car transporters don't turn over going round corners - some of them seem far too tall for the wheelbase..:-)

Your father will now appreciate the true meaning of my signature below.....:-))
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Father's brand new car written off - No FM2R
especially when you see one with the top level full but the lower level empty. I cannot believe the centre of gravity is anywhere sensible.
Father's brand new car written off - Altea Ego
Saw the aftermath when transporter shed its entire load of Jags on the a34. Very expensive looking accident.

And one burnt out on the m40 recently, so badly couldnt really tell what they were.
----------------------------------------
TourVanMan < yes its RF reborn >
Father's brand new car written off - cub leader
And one burnt out on the m40 recently, so badly couldnt
really tell what they were.

>>

If your really interested il find out, my mate had to put it out.
--
Temporarily not a student, where did the time go???
Father's brand new car written off - L'escargot
It never ceases to amaze me just how those giant car
transporters don't turn over going round corners - some of them
seem far too tall for the wheelbase..:-)

I'm sure that the design will have been rigorously tested. Normally any vehicle will slide rather than topple over. (As I recall, double decker buses have to withstand being tilted sideways to about 45 degrees without toppling over.)
--
L\'escargot.
Father's brand new car written off - Stuartli
>>double decker buses have to withstand being tilted sideways to about 45 degrees without toppling ove>>

That's correct but, even so, you'll never catch me alongside a car transporter on a roundabout or even some big trucks if it's windy...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Father's brand new car written off - Altea Ego
Put 5 cars in the top deck of a bus and I think the 42 degrees becomes a little iffy.
Father's brand new car written off - L'escargot
Put 5 cars in the top deck of a bus ......

Don't be silly ~ you'd never get them up the stairs ;-)
--
L\'escargot.
Father's brand new car written off - No FM2R
>>being tilted sideways to about 45 degrees without toppling over

About 43 degrees, if I remember my old Hotspur Annual correctly.
Father's brand new car written off - buzbee
I'll bet that is not with a full load of passengers on the bus top deck and none below?
Father's brand new car written off - drbe
It never ceases to amaze me just how those giant car
transporters don't turn over going round corners - some of them
seem far too tall for the wheelbase..:-)

Especially when they are on the phone while going round roundabouts.
Father's brand new car written off - cheddar
I once saw a transporter load of Audis on their roofs in a field next to the M40, there is one sharpish bend as you head north from High Wycombe and some how the transpoter had dumped it's load on the inside of the bend.
Father's brand new car written off - Big Bad Dave
A few weeks back I got stuck in a horrendous jam on a main road into central Warsaw and after sitting still for 2 hours police guided everyone to a diversion and explained that a coach had crashed and blocked the road. I expected it to have come to rest sideways but right way up or something but when I saw it on the news later it was actually sitting on it?s roof. This was a regular, straight and busy road, not unlike say, the Marylebone Road or Euston Road or Piccadilly with the same kind of speed limits. I just can?t imagine a situation that would cause a coach to roll onto it?s back on a long, straight, slow city road, but clearly there is one.
Father's brand new car written off - BobbyG
Skidded as a result of a blowout, hit a kerb sideways and rolled?

We may all, at one time or another, undergone a forced elk test where we have suddenly had to swerve to avoid something. That is probably pure instinctive reaction.

I wonder if you have the same reflex reaction when you are driving a bus or HGV where the consequences of swerving may actually be worse than going straight ahead?
Father's brand new car written off - Big Bad Dave
"Skidded as a result of a blowout, hit a kerb sideways and rolled?"

All the way over onto it?s roof?