Traffic Lights at roadworks - BobbyG
I have temp traffic lights at roadworks near me. Whilst waiting on the red, whenever the opposite lights go to red I always seem to get flashed by the opposing traffic to come through.

I never do this, I just won't go through a red light cos I don't know if there is maybe a police car 3 behind me or whatever.

But today, the car behind me overtook me and went through on the red cos I insisted on waiting till the lights changed.

What do you do in these circumstances? I would strss that there are no side roads etc, road is perfectly clear and the roadworks themselves are maybe only 25 yards or so.
Traffic Lights at roadworks - turbo11
personally,i wouldn't go through a red light no matter what sort of traffic lights,even for blue flashing lights behind(after the recent case of a motorist who got "done" by a red light camera whilst trying to move out of the way for an ambulance)
Traffic Lights at roadworks - IanJohnson
Wait for the green light.

There is a method of closing the road for a short period known as "Double Red working" where the contractor can stop all traffic for a few minutes - e.g. to get a vehicle into or out of the works. just because the other light is on red does not mean it is safe to proceed.
Traffic Lights at roadworks - Xileno {P}
I would also wait for the green. If the car behind starts flashing, I may pull forward a few feet so that they can go ahead if they wish.
Traffic Lights at roadworks - daveyjp
Best to wait for green. We had a similar situation yesterday, someone went through on red as the cars coming the other way had stopped, but being on a junction it was a three way set up and he almost ended up being T boned by a bus.