Puegeot 307 hdi fuel economy - k9
I bought a 10k mile 2004 Pug 307 1.4 hdi 3 weeks ago.

I am very disappointed with the fuel consumption - it averages around 47mpg. The good book suggests it should be closer to 65mpg for the combined figure. (In cotrast my 270k 1998 1.9 dti Passat would onsistently average 55.7 - so I know it's not mt driving stle that's the problem.

The dealer tells me that the engine is tight and that the book figures are not attainable in real life. Hence my disapointing expereince. (Yeah well - he WOULD say that, wouldn't he - do I look like a dumb blonde?) No offence ladies.

My point is - I selected the vehicle for its claimed fuel economy - 30% below expectation is not acceptable.

Has anyone else suffered similar expereince or got one of these cars?
Puegeot 307 hdi fuel economy - AlastairW
Judging by other diesel owners posts it won't loosen up properly until 20k. I would wait and see if I were you.
Puegeot 307 hdi fuel economy - Happy Blue!
If I had a pound for every person who started a thread like this I would be wealthy!

If you read through the various threads from 2002 onwards, you will see that diesel engines don't provide best economy until the engine is well a truly run in, and that means a minimum of 15,000 miles.

Look at Robbie's threar about his Honda Accord. He's happy now! He wasn't a few months ago.
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Puegeot 307 hdi fuel economy - Dynamic Dave
Has anyone else suffered similar expereince or got one of these cars?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=4291
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18557
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=16891

Also, how are you calculating the mpg?

In one of the above threads, I posted this comment:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18557&...e