CLK 230 or 320 ? - Downesi1
Hi all,
I am going to get myself a CLK (97-02)in the next few day and wonder if anyone can tell me which model is preferable...
I have discounted the 2.0L as most seem to be low spec.

So here's where I need some help as I am finding it hard to see the difference between the Elegance and Avantgarde spec apart from the harder ride of the latter.

Also is the 320 really a must ? there are loads of 230's out there but the 320's seem scarce.

Lastly (Gasp) can anyone tell me the differences between the phase one (97-00) and the phase two (00-02) model apart from the slight body changes.

Thanks everyone.
CLK 230 or 320 ? - Bagpuss
Not much difference between Elegance and Avantgarde apart from suspension and interior trim details. The Avantgarde has lowered suspension and handles better as a result, though you wouldn't describe either as sports cars, they're more for cruising.

My personal preference would be the 320 as the 230 is rather agricultural, though the low down torque is impressive (at least in the Kompressor version). Actually my personal preference would be the 430 V8 which I looked at a few years ago, these are very cheap at the moment.

Differences in the post facelift models after 1999. Externally, different frontal styling, more modern bumpers, indicators in the mirrors. Inside there are more electronics (a mixed blessing?), an update to include the instrument display with combination readout from the E Class as well as the multifunctional steering wheel from the same. Seats are electrically adjustable, the Command Navigation System is available and you now have the Infrared ignition key instead of the folding metal one on the old model. Also the door window winds down when you open the door and back up again when you close it as per BMW 3 Series Coupe circa 1992.